top of page

Frequently asked questions

Does My Glassware Need To Be CE Marked/What Is CE Marking

Using CE marked glassware (or UKCA marked now the UK has left Europe) is a legal requirement for any bar, restaurant, or pub with a licence to sell alcohol from a pump.

For example, pint glasses must be marked at pint to brim, or pint to measure line. This is to ensure that the measure being served complies with the UK directives.

If alcohol is being sold from a can or bottle, no CE/UKCA marking is required on the accompanying glass.


Which File Format Do You Need Designs In?

When it comes to laser work, whatever file is sent to the laser, is exactly what it will create.

Because of this, poor quality or pixelated images will produce a poorly detailed engraving.

To ensure the best possible quality of engraving, we work with black and white bitmap or vector files

(For Example: .AI .EPS .CDR .DXF .DWG etc)

We can usually find a way to use high quality .PDF files, however these will need to be turned into a vector file, which we can do in house.

Why Choose Glass Etching Via Laser?

At RC Laserworks we only use top of the range and up to date laser technology. We find etching with a laser is the fastest, most reliable and cost effective way of customising glass in small-medium bulk, whilst also producing a higher quality finish than other etching processes.

How Does It Work?

Firstly, the glass is placed onto a rotary bed within the laser machine. Next, a highly concentrated beam is transferred through an optical lens and projected onto the glass. Now the laser and rotary bed work in sync, with the laser head moving rapidly along the X axis, marking the glass, as the rotary bed slowly rotates.

After approximately two minutes the etching process is complete. The result is a high quality, frosty appearance of your chosen artwork.

How Do I Place An Order?

Simply Contact us, stating the glass: type, name, size (ML), and quantity of glasses you require.

Rather than a simple 'Add to basket/Checkout' system, we prefer to deal with clients personally. We feel this is the best way to provide you with exactly what you're looking for, and the best way to provide our already highly rated service.

bottom of page